analytics

Microsoft Office Now Complies With HIPAA Standards Using the Office 365 Trust Center in the US and the UK For Privacy & Security

This is a big deal as email correspondence has been a huge topic for years with security and ensuring privacy. For my own use I have parked my own domain of imageducknet. net over at Microsoft and as a “Live” or “Hotmail” user you get the same antiviral protection that they sell to the enterprise. I remember when they purchased Forefront and attended a few local seminars here in the OC and it has come a long way since then. In the past I have also recommended the Small Business accounts which has now been evolved into Office 365.
Again, individual configurations in the cloud with Office 365 are best created with the IT or IS departments but knowing that the HIPAA compliance is there is a huge step forward. I like the fact that I have choices too with coordinating the cloud with my own familiar desktop Office software too, been doing that for a couple years now. A while back I spoke with Chris Sullivan at Microsoft on how Office helps the small physician practice so now with HIPAA compliance it seems like the solution has even grown to create even more value.